Friday, February 3, 2012

23 Things and Mātauranga Māori

After a week on annual leave I am back to blogging. As I do more posts and pages I am becoming aware of layout requirements, in this case what post headings to use, thinking into the future about how I want titles to look and how easy it will be for reader's to locate archived entries. Hence the date title, although I'm still not certain that this is the right information. I need to look at other blogs for ideas.


I also need to look and see if my enrolement to the 23 Things library blog has been either accepted or even acknowledged. I will do that now...


Well that was wierd! Wondering if this blog was actually live I searched for 'Librarian Grazer' on the web and instead found, listed as the first result, the 23 TfPD site with 'Librarian Grazer' aleady signed in! It seems I am indeed accepted...still don't know if this is a live blog or not though.


Just back from a look around this site and the web. While I cannot find any links to this blog online I still somehow think it is live... I also realised that using the date as the post title is redundant as each post is dated anyway. Back to the drawing board on that one.


And back to my Matauranga Maori write-up page to finish that off.


Two hours or so later and I have finished the Matauranga Maori  pages. I have also changed the name of this post to reflect the topics within it in the hope that doing so increases the hit rate of people searching under these terms.


The 'two hours later' aspect reminds me of the conversation I had with my Team Leader regarding the Libraries acceptance of people spending library time working on their professional development. I do not feel so guilty now about blocking out so much (and more) of my Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment