Friday, February 10, 2012

23 Things, Aargh! and template designer

So today's tasks were Things 1 and 2 on the 23 Things. We got there in the end but only after the sudden vanishment of a good hour's work on this blog - hence the Aargh! The first rule when computing anything worth saving - regularly save it! I know that now. Certainly makes you think about what you're writing about, trying to remember it all, especially the good bits, for a second time.

This Aargh! moment occurred as I was writing about what I hope to get out of the programme (see Thing 1). One moment everyting was as it should be, the next gone. But wait, a new development! In creating the previous 'Thing 1' link I have discovered my vanished work - as a draft within 'Edit Posts', and here it is ...

First task this morning was to check if my sign-up to the 23 Things had been registered. It hadn't. After reading through previous sign up messages I discovered that as the 23 Things programme is no longer 'live' the people responsible for the blog are not updating their registrations as often on either the blog or the del.ic.ious tags. Following the lead of previous registeree's I have left a message asking them to confirm that a) I am registered and b) it is still worthwhile contining through the programme even though it is no longer 'live' (previous reply comments to messages suggest it is).

I'd forgotten I'd wrote that so good to find it. Unfortunately it wasn't all I remembered writing but I've managed to rewrite what I need.

Looking around some of the other blogs on the 23 Things blog gave me an insight into how much (and how little) people had done. Also, by following the instructions on Thing 2 and my own nose I was able to add an image and change the header colour (through the Template designer edit function) to make my own blog front page a bit more inviting to the visitors (none thus far) I have now ensured can access and leave messages. Even managed to add a profile picture and brief blurb.

No comments:

Post a Comment