Friday, March 23, 2012

Looking at Thing 5, enquiring after National Library Oral History workshops, and investigating librarian misconduct

First things first - I got my first comment on this blog! Only one but it proves that it is out there for people to find and read. Exciting. Next step is to spread the word. Forgot to keep logging onto Twitter which means that I had a mountain of tweets today which I just could not be bothered looking at - information overload. BTW: had a question at Quiz Night on Wednesday asking how many characters were allowed per tweet - why did I say 134 or 136? It's 140!

I'm thinking that it's not a good idea to leave this PD until Friday afternoon. It was a struggle to get through it with a modicum of focus. Hence my idea to work through Thing 5 about Reflective practice amounted to reflecting on how I really couldn't be bothered doing so.

Instead I fired off an email enquiring about possible Oral History workshops coming up at the National Library and realised that in order to complete them I would have to pay up to $300. Ouch. I already knew that but still, ouch. I'm going to see if I can get some sort of monetary recompense. We'll see.

My other goal for today was to start another item in my Professional Training Plan. I decided on the second item looking at the Librarian Code of Professional Conduct so I began searching the internet for examples of librarian misconduct which was harder than I thought. Still I've saved some links to look at next week (I'd better make a note in my diary to remind me - done).

P.S. Also worked out how to re-order the pages which I will have to do each time I add a new page for my next PTO item.

No comments:

Post a Comment